Helpful Resources/Common Questions
darjeeling police
There are many questions in the mind of citizens that they want to ask us,but they are not able to get the information due to some circumstances.
We have prepared a common set of helpfull answers for the citizens of darjeeling District.

If I come to witness an accident, how should I react? Will there be any legal complications from the police department ?


In such a situation, inform the nearest police station or dial 100.If there is no injury to any one then wait for the police to come to the scene of the accident but if somebody is injured in the accident, it is your duty to take him to the nearest medical facility center, doctor on the duty is bound to give first aid to the injured without waiting for the police formalities. It is not necessary to take the injured to government hospital or to wait for the police to come.

How can I be a part of the police force ?


If you wish to join the police department, you can enter at four stages If you are higher secondary pass, you can apply for the post of constable. If you are a graduate, you can apply for the post of sub inspector/platoon commander. The advertisements are normally given in the local dailies. If you are a graduate, you can appear for state PSC exam for Dy. S.P. If you are a graduate, you can also appear for UPSC exam to enter into IPS.

Ask more Question here
© Darjeeling Police, 2012
Name :
Mobile :
GD number :
Officer Name :